Thursday, October 30, 2008

I Feel Good!

I FEEL GOOD
James Brown

Whoa-oa-oa! I feel good, I knew that I would, now
I feel good, I knew that I would, now
So good, so good, I got you

Whoa! I feel nice, like sugar and spice
I feel nice, like sugar and spice
So nice, so nice, I got Obama

(sax, two licks to bridge)

This is a favorite song of mine -- always makes me feel up and energized. And that's how I feel about the campaign today. All indicators are GO!!

Val reminded me to check out fivethirtyeight.com and I love what Nate Silver shows with his awesome statistical analysis --
Electoral Vote --          Obama   348.2       McCain   189.8
Win Percentage --       Obama     96.2%     McCain   3.8%
Popular Vote --            Obama     52.1%     McCain   46.5%
Senate seats held --     Dems       57            Repos      41

Not quite the double digits that I'm still hoping for, but I'LL TAKE IT!

Mitchell Bard, a blogger for Huffington Post, said yesterday that "Obama Is Dominating in the Polls, but Four Things Keep Me Awake at Night." I guess I'm not the only one with anxiety issues! His four "hold-your-breath" potential problems are close races, voter fraud, an October or November surprise, and "More that Just the Bradley Effect" or straight out racism. I agree that any of these, and more than likely some of each, will effect the outcome, but hopefully a big lead will mitigate any of these effects. 

CNN reported just today that Barack Obama has made substantial gains in many key states, including Arizona!!

And aside from the numbers, on the human side, 30 to 40 call center workers in Indiana courageously walked off the job taking the ethical "high road" rather than read a McCain Script attacking Obama. The McCain campaign is using call centers in states that prohibit robo calls.

It's a great day to be a Democrat!!

No comments: